Monday, November 29, 2010

BP3_iGoogleScreenShots




My home page.

Welcome to My World!

My iGoogle tabs reflect who I am and what I think is important… for the moment!  Initially, this started out as a simple process of creating the tabs and plugging in the requirements.  Unfortunately, I became obsessed with finding just the right gadget for each tab!  I am convinced that what I need will change and evolve as I learn more about technology! 
My ETC page.
In my own mind I thought I knew a lot about the net and about technology…boy was I wrong!  I am learning about tools, apps and gadgets I never knew existed! (Ignorance is not always bliss!)

I tried to make each page unique and still incorporate some common elements.  The elements of time, art and quotes can be found on each page. 
My FSO page.
Time is always important as an online student.  I have clocks on each page and most are set to Eastern Standard Time to help me with procrastination.  Art is something I simply love.  I included some form of art on each page to express my passion for design, images, styles and artists.  Finally, I hope to use the quotes as a source of inspiration or encouragement through the graduate school process.  I included quotes from artists, leaders, and quotes on teamwork to spur me on in my efforts to succeed.

My CBR page.
I find my new personal learning environment very useful, but old habits are hard to break.  From time to time, I must remind myself to use the environment I painstakingly created!  I am positive it will help me be more efficient in the months to come and that is blessing!

Of course, I will probably pass this assignment on to my IB (International Baccalaureate) art students.  I think a similar environment would help them with the necessary research for their investigation workbooks.  Their PLEs could eliminate constant wandering on the web and harness reliable resources in one area.  Instant access to art, museums and artists with just a couple of clicks! Imagine the joy on their faces when aimless searching has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment