Sunday, December 12, 2010

BP8_LiveBinder

LiveBinders is your 3-ring binder for the Web!
LiveBinders: The Knowledge Sharing Place!








LiveBinders takes users into the 21st century with a three ring binder for the web!



With LiveBinders, users are able to search the web, bookmark great finds and place them all in one location.  This site is in the beta stage of development and is open to the public to use and experience. LiveBinders was a great find for all of my classes to use with upcoming reviews and semester exams.  Images, text information and even videos can be placed in any LiveBinder you have created. 

After completing the registration process, I was ready to create my first binder: Art Wonder!  I set up three tabs that would represent my current classes at my high school, much like tabs in a traditional 3 ring binder.

The next step is placing content in the binder for each tab I have identified.  I added LiveBinder to my toolbar and I was ready to search!  I searched for content that my classes are currently learning in the classroom. 

I added my menhdi Google search, a caricature artist website and a videoshare of the elements and principles of art to my Art I tab.  Now my students can access their specific tab and review the information located inside.  I have the option to make my binder available for public or private viewing.


Sharing binders is another great component of the LiveBinders concept.  Various categories are listed for you to examine and explore.  Since I am an art teacher, I wanted to take a look at the other art binders that were created.  This is a wonderful way to expose students to any subject, time period or technique.
Depending upon the subject, you may have many tabs or a select few for your students to access.  Students may even create their own binders for each class they have on their schedule.  A personal learning environment is created when students are able to add their own content to their binder.  With Livebinders, students don’t have to backtrack to locate bookmarks or try to remember an amazing site; they simply add it to their Livebinder. 

LiveBinder will put a stop to endless searches on the Internet with sites I want to share with my students.  I can place several sites under a tab and each student is able to go to the binder to access the information.

I believe LiveBinder can be a useful resource for students and parents.  Students can use LiveBinder for more than one class and access the information at anytime.  On the other hand, parents are able to access information and help their student keep assignments current.

LiveBinders are not just for education; they can be used in the corporate world for presentations or for personal projects like recipe books.  I introduced Livebinders to my students on Friday, and I look forward to seeing how they will utilize this tool of the 21st century.  If you are looking for an one stop resource, follow this link to LiveBinders!

Image Credits: LiveBinder, National Portrait Gallery, Google and HSArtMakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment