Saturday, December 18, 2010

PE7_GarageBandPart3








Play at your own risk...sick beats!

In Search of Sick Beats!



My musical typing keyboard.
The next stop in my quest to be a musical genius is musical typing in GarageBand.  Musical typing allows you to create sound and manipulate a keyboard to create unique beats or tracks.   
 This was definitely a trial and error process for me! I love music, but I recognize this is not my gift!    I can see why people in this profession have such a large following and can make large monetary demands!  Artists such as Pharell and Timbaland are known for making funky beats!
If you can make or create beats, it can be a gold mine!  I, on the other hand, will keep my day job!



The process for creating a successful beat is very tedious!  You must have an ear for music!  I know what I like, but it was difficult for me to translate it to my song!
My husband and my daughter would probably have much more success; they understand the language of beats!


Choosing an instrument to begin the beat process!
















I did create a song with the musical typing feature.  Your keyboard resembles an actual instrument or a collection of instruments to give you different parts of a select music genre.   GarageBand does a great deal of the thinking for you, but you must use your musical knowledge to take it further.



Dragging,dropping and selecting components of my beat.










Making musical selections!

I thought this program gave me great insight to how some of my students feel about music and beats.  If you create, or in my case, stumble upon a great beat it is awesome!

I did a little research on YouTube and found many Mac DJ’s!  Almost all of them suggested the viewer dive right in and play around!!!  It's the best beat in the world, but it's a beat!



No comments:

Post a Comment