Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 1-2 Discussion Board Quickie


Topic #2: Tech in your workplace: How has your workplace kept up with tech or not kept up with tech? What kinds of tech things have you bought to use in your classroom/presentation? Please give examples (and have a little fun with the idea…).


                                            LHS student at the Smartboard
                                    Photo courtesy of Tracye L. Salters
My district has potential in the tech department.  We have access to a multitude of tech items, but we often do not have the resources to maintain or upgrade those items.  I just feel there is so much more that we could be doing throughout the district to fully implement technology so that we are working smarter and not harder.  
As I learn how to do things, I apply them to my classroom environment.  I use my Smartboard for presentations of artists and demonstrations of art techniques.
I use my Mac for students to create video critiques and view art to spur classroom discussion.  I would love to have digital cameras to give my students another means to express themselves digitally.
I know students have an interest in computers and tech gadgets, and incorporating these concepts in the classroom is another opportunity to engage them in their sandbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment