Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week2- Wimba Session 2

                                           Image courtesy of Wimba platform.
After viewing the Wimba session, I believe I need to make changes as an educator, consumer and creative artist.  As an educator, I feel that I am walking a fine line with fair use, and to be honest, I know I wouldn’t be alone!  Now that I am looking at the details of copyright, fair use and infringement, I know I need to examine the resources I use in my room a little more closely.  Do I really need to use someone else’s work to get my point across?  Why don’t I just create my own resources to use in the classroom?
In addition, I need to make sure my students are knowledgeable as artists when it comes to copyright issues.  I want my students to know the difference between being inspired by what they see and just borrowing ideas or concepts for every creative endeavor.  As a consumer, I need to remember to give credit and seek permission in everything I use for my personal use.  Copyright doesn’t seem like a big deal, until the shoe is on the other foot.
As an artist, I am very protective of my work.  I want credit for whatever I have labored over either through written acknowledgement or monetary compensation.
We are living in such a creative time and we must be careful to respect the work of others and acknowledge their efforts. 
I liked modern art resource that was given during the session and it helped to shed light on the Fairey issue and I feel it could help others understand the creative process for modern artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment