Thursday, July 14, 2011

Week 2-2 CD Ownership, Music Sharing or Spontaneous Listening






Image courtesy of www.discogs.com
The first song that touched me at an emotional level was Eric Carmen’s All by Myself.  The strange thing about this selection is that I was in 3rd grade at the time I connected with this song.  Why?  Maybe because I am the youngest of three, and my brother and my sister are at least seven years older than me.  I don’t know why, but I would listen to this song and sing along because I believed Eric Carmen knew the depths of my soul!
I love catchy tunes, the fads of music, but I especially love the music that punches you in the gut and makes you think! Lyrics are essential for me. I want to know what the artist is trying to say beyond the surface. I agree with Elaine, music that moves my spirit and lyrics that are pure and real are essential for listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment