Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 3-Peer Comment

Image courtesy of Crystal Cusimano's Blog

Crystal said: 

The other main "Ah-ha" moment that resonated with me was the Rule Number 6. I often have a problem of taking my self too seriously and reading this chapter put that "practice" into context for me. It allowed me to examine further how I take myself to seriously and when/if it does happen again how to diffuse it. I wish I could make copies of this chapter and give it to everyone I know, not to force it on anyone as the book says, but just to give others the chance as I have to realize that we all at one point or another take ourselves too seriously and this does us all no good in the long run. Live and let live, right?!




My response:

Crystal!
I agree with you about being too serious in certain situations.  I always get tagged as having the “fun” subject and I try my best to fight against it.  Ultimately, I come across very serious, instead of passionate about my subject, which is what I want to demonstrate in the classroom.  I want my classroom to be an engaging place and I guess the first step in that direction is not taking everything too seriously.  I think the book stresses for everyone to find opportunities to bloom, grow and experience life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment